How do you know when you are becoming addicted to alcohol or drugs? Well, if you have to ask that question, there's a chance that you might already have a problem. To ask this question is like a person who asks themselves, "How do I know if I have an eating disorder?" People who don't have eating disorders typically don't need to ask themselves this question. The thought never enters their minds. The same can be said of addiction. If a person is not experiencing problems with drugs or alcohol, they're never going to ask the question, "How do I know if I am addicted?."
Many signs indicate a person has a problem with drugs or alcohol, and Wildwood Recovery is a Thousand Oaks rehab that can help you learn if you have a problem and which course of action to take.
Signs of Addiction
- If a person engages in unusually risky, unhealthy, or excessive behavior
- An inability to resist impulses to engage in risky behavior
- Increased frequency or engagement in a self-destructive behavior
- Unsuccessful attempts to stop, reduce, or control the behavior
- Too much time spent engaging in or recovering from the behavior
- Preoccupation or obsession with the behavior
- Ignoring obligations to engage in the behavior
- Ignoring the consequences of the behavior
- Needing to increase the intensity or frequency of the behavior
- Limiting time with others
- Loss of interest in activities you used to enjoy
- Becoming anxious or violent when not engaged in the behavior
Of course, these are only some of the signs of addiction. The good part about asking yourself the question, "How do I know if I have a problem with drugs or alcohol?" is that your disease is probably just beginning to develop and hasn't yet evolved to the point of no return. For people with chronic substance abuse problems, they don't need to ask themselves this question - the problems they experience are profound.
Seek Treatment at Wildwood Recovery
It's never too late to stop the suffering and pain caused by addiction. Wild Recovery offers unique programs with individualized treatment plans that are highly effective. We know that no two people are alike and that different people have different treatment needs. That is why we will customize your treatment plan to ensure the highest success rate for your recovery.
At Wildwood Recovery, we pride ourselves on having the finest yet most affordable Thousand Oaks rehab. We offer low-cost treatment with world-class care, and we also accept many types of private insurance. Here, your privacy is always assured, and your treatment is confidential because we always maintain the highest levels of professional discretion and privacy.
Get the Help You Need
If you need help with a substance problem, don't fight alone! Wildwood Recovery is a Thousand Oaks rehab that is here to help. Our trained counselors are ready to help you 24 hours per day. Stop suffering and call the number listed now! Never surrender to the disease!