NSS Dermatology PLLC is the preeminent treatment center for skin, hair, and nail problems, and cosmetic treatments in New York. We are a highly renowned Midtown pediatric dermatology clinic with an experienced team of doctors, and we offer treatments at affordable prices.
What are the symptoms of scabies?
Scabies often occurs in children and young adults and occurs as a result of an infestation of mites or tiny insects. While symptoms differ from one child to another, if your child experiences severe itching, rashes with small red bumps, or scaly and crusty skin, you must consult with a pediatric dermatologist.
It is a highly contagious infection and can take between 4 - 6 weeks for a child to develop symptoms after contracting the parasite from another person. Children younger than two years of age have lesions on the head, palms, soles, and neck, and older children have lesions between the fingers, hands, wrists, and along the beltline.
How to care for your child's sensitive skin
Children's skin can be sensitive, delicate, and is thinner than adults and hence is highly prone to irritations and a variety of other skin problems. Here are some tips to protect your child's sensitive skin:
- Choose skincare products that are free of dyes, perfumes, and dermatologist tested. Also, avoid using harsh laundry detergent and soap for washing your child's clothes.
- Sun exposure could burn and irritate your child's skin. Apply sunscreen on your children whenever they go out, and choose a product that has an SPF of at least 30.
- Remember to moisturize your child's skin using a dermatologist-tested product every day after a bath. It helps protect your child's skin from irritation.
Besides, prevent the use of aerosol products around children. If your child suffers from frequent skin irritations, take them to a skilled doctor for Midtown pediatric dermatology for proper treatment.
Common pediatric skin conditions
Several skin disorders commonly affect children. Some of the conditions that require the clinical care of a health care professional include:
- Fungal skin Infections - Skin fungi appear on the skin cells in moist parts of the body. This type of fungi live in the top layer of the skin and often occurs between the toes, hands, scalp, foot, in the groin, diaper area, etc. Ringworm and tinea versicolor are two common types of fungal infections in children.
- Viral skin infections - Viral infections in children are called viral exanthems, and it often refers to rashes and skin eruption. The most common types of exanthems include measles, rubella, chickenpox, fifth disease, and roseola. Each viral exanthem has a distinct pattern and hence requires clinical care by a physician.
- Parasitic skin infections - Parasite infections include small insects or worms that burrow into your child's skin and continues to lay their eggs and live there. Scabies and lice are the most common types of parasitic skin infections in children.
We are the #1 treatment facility in Midtown Manhattan for pediatric dermatology, and we treat children for skin issues from throughout New York and the Tri-State Region. Visit https://www.nssdermatologypllc.com/contact-us.php or reach out to us at 212-991-6490 to schedule an appointment with one of our doctors at NSS Dermatology PLLC.Midtown pediatric dermatology