Article provided by: Safe Harbor House
Medical detox is the first step on the road to recovery. It ensures safety and comfort and is often a requirement before rehabilitation. Medical detox may be a good idea even if it's not required before treatment.
We at Safe Harbor Treatment Center understand the mental and physical battle a person suffers when trying to stop drug or alcohol abuse. We can help you to manage withdrawal symptoms in our Orange County drug and alcohol detox center.
What Is Medical Detox?
Medical detox is the process in which substance abuse is safely removed from the body. At Safe Harbor Treatment Center, we conducted this procedure in our medication-assisted detox treatment center with our doctors and nurses available 24/7. Our procedure is used in conjunction with other medications to help the process be more comfortable. Our doctors will give tapering medication to minimize the body's chances of adverse reactions to an unexpected end to substance abuse. The patient is brought off the substance abuse slowly, as opposed to cold turkey, increasing safety and decreasing symptoms.
Our Treatments in Medical Detox
Detox is the first step. It helps you meet your needs during one of the most challenging times in life. At Safe Harbor Treatment, our care approaches include:
- Medication-assisted treatment that focuses on cravings management and pain relief
- IV Therapy to provide nutrients and hydration, which help your body stay strong
- Medical supervision that helps if you experience seizures or other withdrawal symptoms
- Group therapy that gives you the chance to receive positive peer feedback, express yourself and encouragement
- Behavioral and psychological counseling and support
- Dual diagnosis treatment for depression or anxiety, which can be substantial during detox
- Sedative medications to mitigate the risks of severe withdrawal
- Introduction to mindfulness training and Meditation as a tool for stress relief
Benefits of Medical Detox
Our medical detox program helps you stand up to cravings and pain. It provides a safe place to recover, removing those struggling with addiction from temptation. Besides that, it takes away the pain. There's always a doctor to talk to when you feel like giving up.
You won't feel any discomfort because you know that you'll wake up without withdrawal symptoms during the process. If the facility doctor feels your procedure needs to be adjusted, they can quickly do so. Another benefit of medical detox is that it also offers clinical care. You reduce the risk of early relapse. Medical detox get you clean completely, sets a good foundation for the rest of your recovery.
Enroll in Our Medical Detox Orange County Today
Now that you know some of the benefits of medical detox, it's time to enroll in the program that Safe Harbor Treatment offer. Our Orange County detox program treatment center increases the likelihood of a successful transition to rehab and also facilitates a safe and supportive environment during a potentially dangerous time. Reach out to us today at 1-844-214-8384 to speak with an addiction treatment specialist to get all the benefits of our medically supervised detox.
Medical Detox Orange County
View Larger Map